Camthorne Industrial Supplies Ltd takes personal date privacy very seriously. This policy outlines how we use personal information you provide to us, in order that we comply with the (GDPR) General Data Protection Regulation
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name and email address. users may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Camthorne Industrial Supplies Ltd may collect and use users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve our site – We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments – We may use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails – We may use the email address to send user information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Customers and prospective customers
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. We will also keep your purchase history information for the duration of any warranty period applicable to the goods and/or services purchased, which may be in excess of the period stated above.
We hold personal information on suppliers, prospective suppliers and other third parties that we may want to do business with (including Contact and Identity Data) so that we are able to contact you when we need your goods or services. This information is only kept for as long as this requirement remains and we believe that this is a Legitimate Interest for both you and us.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site. We only store or transfer your personal data within the UK, so it is fully protected under GDPR, We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out above. These parties may be:
• Logistics providers (acting as processors) organising the delivery of your goods.
• Service providers (acting as processors) who provide IT and system administration services and support.
• Professional advisers (acting as processors or joint controllers) including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
• HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities (acting as processors or joint controllers) who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
• Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Your legal rights
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”
- Withdraw consent at any time
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party
If you wish to exercise any of your rights set out above, please contact us.
Camthorne Industrial Supplies Ltd
Unit 3, Campbell Road,
Stoke On Trent,
VAT NO.GB 695 7146 87.
Tel: 01782 745588
Fax No: 01782 745589
Registered Number England 3414204
This document was last updated on May 24, 2018.