Camthorne Industrial Supplies are pleased to announce that we have successfully completed our ISO9001:2015 re-accreditation audit.
We have achieved accreditation to the new BS EN ISO 9001:2015 standard for a number of years – this revised version focuses on performance, and aligns with other key international management systems more easily. There is greater emphasis on our organisation’s needs, and how we combine the process approach with risk-based thinking. All levels of the organisation now employ the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle, encouraging continuous improvement and ensuring quality procedures are followed throughout a product’s lifespan.
The ISO 9001 standard’s seven core quality management principles and how they apply to us:
- Customer Focus – Understanding current and future customer needs, meeting requirements, and striving to exceed expectations.
- Leadership – Company Directors establish unity of purpose and direction of the organisation. They maintain an environment which encourages all employees to be involved in the achievement of quality objectives.
- Engagement of People – Staff of all levels are the essence of the organisation, and their full involvement allows their skills to be used effectively within the business. Skills and performance are regularly assessed to identify improvement opportunities.
- Process Approach – Activities and resources are understood and managed as inter-related processes, to effectively achieve consistent and predictable results.
- Improvement – Recognising that a policy of continual improvement is necessary to ensure customer quality requirements are satisfied, and enables us to stay ahead of the competition. Clearly defined methods and our committed work force contribute to this.
- Evidence-Based Decision Making – Decisions are made based on the analysis and evaluation of data – we utilise key performance indicators to measure improvements against the targets we set.
- Relationship Management – Forming mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors is a key influence on our performance. Maintaining these relationships enhances our ability to create value and provide consistent products.